Samba

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 25 00:58:47 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 05:02 pm, talexb-SBdzbUvMQDunS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, John Wildberger wrote:
> > I recently installed Mandrake10. I used SWAT to configure Samba.My
> > problem is that I cannot get the smbd started. When in SWAT I can check
> > the status. It reports that the nameserver deamon is running, but the
> > smbd is not. When restarting smbd it reports that the IP address is
> > 0.0.0.
> > With previous distro Mdk9.1 I never had this problem.
> > What am I missing???
>
> Try starting nmbd as well .. that should solve your problem.
>
> Alex
nmbd  is already running (see above).
"start samba"  will start SMB services and and NMB services. SWAT status will
now tell me that the Active Connection is my other network computer with  IP
address is 192.168.1.102.
However, it also tells me that the nmbd is *not* running.
Clicking on the butten named "restart smbd" will result in the IP address to
revert back to 0.0.0.0
John