VoIP from Primus

Sidney Shapiro sidney-3Kd7Tu4o6f/sBN0MCq728g at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 24 15:59:18 UTC 2004

> You have just experienced the major problem with VoiP.  The QoS is
> nowhere near what the regular phone system has.  Did you call Primus
> about the problem?

I did, and they said due to network instability, bandwidth issues, blah
blah, etc. the service was not working to "optimal performance". I told them
I was assured it would be excellent service and a replacement for my phone,
and they said I should look into increasing my bandwidth (perhaps going with
DSL or Rogers Business). I have Rogers high speed, going to something else
would negate the savings with Bell. I am going to cancel the service with
primus today, and wait it out I guess.

Sid