A round of applause for Emma Jane Hogbin...

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 24 14:41:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:36:48 -0400, Tom <tom-mQDsgmoLwK3SUeElwK9/Pw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> We were told to arrive at 6:30, and that the meeting would start at 7.
>     For the May meeting I arrived at 6:30 as instructed.  It was at
> least an hour (longer I believe) before we were let in, and we had no
> idea what was going on or why because nobody told us anything.  That's
> why I didn't go to the June meeting.

The reason the meeting didn't start for an hour was because there was
difficulty with the gates of the visitor parking garage at IBM (they
wouldn't go up) so no one could park.   Our presenter was one of the
individuals stuck in the mess.  It took quite some time before we able
to divert people to the employee parking area, and have them all get
signed in and receive their security badges.

Please don't judge all of NewTLUG based on one bad experience.  A lot
of planning and organization and time commitment goes into holding
these meetings.

Also, if you have suggestions as to how we can improve the whole
process, feel free to contact the NewTLUG organizers.  I am in charge
of the IBM location, so you can email me for those.

pm

--
Paul Mora
email: paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org