bash script help

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 20 18:04:25 UTC 2004

On June 20, 2004 12:35 pm, Anton Markov wrote:

> There are OpenOffice.org quick starters for both Gnome and KDE that work
> on all systems.
>
> For KDE, it is called  "oooqs-kde"

I don't see much point in things like this, if you use ooo frequently it will
be in your ram cache, relying on that or keeping the actual application open
makes more sense to me than loading a memory hog which you may, or may not,
use ... once I've loaded ooo once it loads in less than 3 seconds the next
time I open it.

One of my upgrades pulled in oooqs-kde and it took me a day or two before I
finally checked into why my system had slowed to a crawl.  It was eating
memory like there's no tomorrow, right out of the gate it uses about 60MB of
memory.