Royal Pain

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 18 12:46:42 UTC 2004

On June 18, 2004 07:27 am, James Knott wrote:

> And of course, it's impossible to prove there are no bugs.  You can only
> fail to find some.

While you may be correct that it's impossible to prove the lack of bugs it is
perfectly possible to say with confidence "there are no bugs".  For example,
I would say there are no bugs in this code ...

  #!/usr/bin/perl
  print "Hello world!\n";

Of course the bigger the program, the bigger the ego that is required to say
there are no bugs.  Still I don't see why in certain circumstances you cannot
say that code is bug free.