Royal Pain

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 14 21:58:30 UTC 2004

David J Patrick wrote:
>    What's the scoop with the Royal Banks recent "computer glitch" ?
> We know that they dance with the devil, as demonstrated by their recen
> (disasterous) investment in SCO. What OSs do they employ for their key
> systems ? M$ fer sure, UN*X likely, but what OS was being upgraded when
> the ship went down ? They have been remarkably "tight lipped" regarding
> the specifics of the problem, could that be 'cause one of their fat
> friends threatned to XPlode ?
>    Send in a curios bot, ask your cousin, who works at the bank, if it
> IS the borg, who popped a bolt, blow the lid off of it ! If it was a
> penguin related problem, it would already have been headlined on USA Today.
> djp

They used to use OS/2, but I believe they switched to Windows a few
years ago.  Then again it's hard to say what sort of computer this
problem occured on.  Was it a desktop or big iron?  In someways, it
reminds me of that AT&T goof a few years ago.  They made a change so
minor, that it didn't need testing.  They brought down a fair chunk of
the U.S. phone network, with that minor change.