Mozilla Mail Problem

Martin C forolinux-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 14 21:24:43 UTC 2004

--- jim ruxton <cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I am having some trouble with Mozilla Mail and
> wondering if anyone has
> any suggestions. Sometimes when I first start it, it
> takes forever for
> my previous messages to load. Sometimes they are
> already there. Any idea
> why this is happening?

Maybe you have too much emails there. Mozilla use one
file where all your e-mails are concatenated. The
other day the same thing happened to me, I realized
that the file Inbox was over 700Mb. I erased a lot of
them, and it still was 700Mb. Then I found that
folders need to be compressed. Right-click the folder
with problems and select "compress this folder" or
something like that.

Regards

Martín.