telnet problem

hui xu louiehui_xu-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 14 17:53:42 UTC 2004

All,

Thanks for everybody's answer to "switchs and hub problems".

Now I have built my home network. One computer service as httpd, router, firewall and  dhcpd. The other computer as a client computer.

I have assigned a fixed address to my client so I can communicate with these two computers. But the problem is:

I use telnet "computer address". I got the reply with " accesss is refused". But I ping to that address. I works fine.

Could anybody help me out?

Thanks

louie