pppd using dynamic DNS

Sasha Uritsky alek_u-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 13 15:02:29 UTC 2004

The exact response of the nslookup command is exactly what bothers me ('host
lookup failure').
The content of the resolv.conf file is correct.
There is no firewall problems.
I don't see any particular problem in the copying of /etc/ppp/resolv.conf to
/etc/resolv.conf either.
I somehow have a feeling now that it is a routing problem, although I cannot
find any flaw in my routing configuration (but maybe I am wrong). This is
because when eth0 is down the problem (sometimes!) dissapears.
I am able to solve the problem when I am inside LAN and I have
/etc/reslov.conf set up statically. But when I try to reach somebody outside
and use dynamic dns the problem is there.

thnx