advise please on hardware: optical mouse and HD adapter

Zbigniew Koziol zkoziol-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 12 02:43:34 UTC 2004

Have a chance for a new work. My possible boss wants to buy a Dell
workstation for me. Of course, I want to have Linux there, as well, a
dual boot system (sure, Windows would be the second system).

We are doing ordering of the system through the Dell's web site.

The first problem: can I use "USB 2-Button Optical Mouse with Scroll" to
work with Linux?

Second: Do I need "SATA Integrated PCI Non-RAID adapter for 1 SATA HDD"?
I do not know what for it is. My guess is that it is used with SATA HD,
which we are going to order.

zb.