lost openoffice.org password

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 11 17:53:29 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 01:17:16PM -0400, Marc Lijour wrote:
> one of my students has added and then lost a password to an openoffice.org
> document.
>
> Do you know a way of opening the document anyway?

If the documentation is any good, it seems to indicate that unlike MS
they knew what they were doing, and you are highly unlikely to breal the
encryption on an openoffice document.  They say rather clearly that you
better not loose your password when you password protect an OOo
document.

That is why people use passwords in the first place right?

Lennart Sorensen