Streaming (listening on the web)

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 11 17:41:06 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 12:49:12PM -0400, Marc Lijour wrote:
> Yes (it was indicated the CC): it is a message send to the manager at ezrock.
> This morning I tried to listen to this radio online. Their website
> discriminates against the operating system used to connect. It does that
> thru a set of javascript routines.
>
> I was trying to use the excellent kmplayer embedded in konqueror. But
> their site policy did not allow me to even get the to streaming content.
>
> I thought that Toronto linux users would be interested by this matter of
> local interest.

I just missed the CC in the header then, or the mailing list stripped
out (most likely I just missed it.)

Silly radio stations.  Why can't they just say "This might only work
with x, so don't complain (much) if it doesn't work on something else"
and not purposely make sure you can't even try.

The whole thing is rather MS mediaplayer oriented.  However if you go to
www.ezrock.com/player/player.asp and look at the source, you find a link
going to http://www.ezrock.com/player/resources/ezrock.com/live.asx
which if you read it has a link to these four URLs which seem to work
when passed to mplayer (or the like) or at least the mms:// ones do:

mms://66.244.221.171/cjez
http://66.244.221.171/cjez
mms://66.244.221.173/cjez
http://66.244.221.173/cjez