What to do with a .BIN file ..?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 9 01:32:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 06:51:27PM -0400, Paul King wrote:
> I have a .BIN file which is supposed to be a CD-ROM image. I would like to
> convert this to ISO. Is this possible?

If it is a bin/cue pair, then binchunk can convert it (assuming it isn't
bin/cue for a good reason like requiring special subchannel data).
Otherwise cdrdao can write bin/cue natively so that is another option.

If it is not a bin/cue pair, try mounting it using loop mounting and see
if it's just an iso with a silly name.

Lennart Sorensen