Modules with kernel 2.6.6

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 8 16:10:47 UTC 2004

Hi all,

One question about the modules configuration with a kernl 2.6.6.

Thanks to Fraser, I was able to boot with a kernel 2.6.6 on a Woody
installed machine.

However, the new kernel do not recognize my NIC module's parameter in
module.conf.  To do short, I have 2 NE2000 NIC  in an ISA machine.  In
my modules.conf, I have a line "options ne irq=0x05,0x03
io=0x260,0x300".  This is working fine when I boot in a "Woody mode".
However, when I boot with the 2.6.6 kernel, I get an error "ne.c: Yopu
must supply "io=0xNNN" value(s) for ISA cards".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Gilles