about free software and govnts

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 7 15:27:10 UTC 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [newbie] Microsoft Brazil Decries Government Use of Linux
From: Stephen Kuhn <stephen.kuhn-hi6Y0CQ0nG0 at public.gmane.org>
Date: Mon, June 7, 2004 11:11 am
To: Mandrake Newbie <newbie-J4tZAbal8pkzaQFa27Lw39BPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org>

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 00:49, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 00:32, John Wilson wrote:

> led Brazil's government astray when it decided to adopt Linux's
> free software in public sector computers."

> Wednesday, the 2nd.

> launched the project Creative Commons in Brazil.
> > >

> > This got a bit of play on the well known "independant" voice of
> personal  computing ZDNet.
> >
> > It all seems like a large whinge from someone afraid of competition.
> :-)
> >
> > ttfn
> >
> > John
>
> That's absolutely right !
> By the way, there's a new distro around and it's called Freedows.
> http://www.freedows.com.br/index.php?page=freedows_lt_resumo.php
>
> The free version will be available soon.
> For more info, see
> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=5354383
>
> TTFN

Er, Jose, what about those of us that don't speak Portuguese?? I can
manage fairly well with Spanish, but Portuguese? Mate...

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
mobile: 0410.728.389
01:10:38 up 2 days, 7:38, 2 users, load average: 0.20, 0.21, 0.16

To write good code is a worthy challenge, and a source of civilized
delight. -- stolen and paraphrased from William Safire