Okidata ML320T printing questions

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 6 23:31:00 UTC 2004

  I have a brand new Okidata ML 320Turbo, running in IBM-emulation mode.
"lpr textfile" prints the textfile, so I've at least got things
connected properly.  Now the configuration questions...

  1) It has a "staircase effect".  I.e. \n causes it to drop down a row,
but it does not return to beginning of line.  It seems to expect DOS
text files where CHR(13)+CHR(10) constitutes end-of-line.

  2) "gs -h" indicates that the "okiibm" device is compiled in.  What do
I do to get graphics (e.g. webpages) to print properly.

  What do I do to get things working properly.  Please don't refer me to
www.linuxprinting.org.  I can read manpages, but this is the most
convoluted, obtuse, incomprehensible "help" page I've ever run into.  I
downloaded the PPD file, and then tried to figure out what they were
saying about "foo-matic", and my head started spinning.  There has got
to be an easier way.

Email users are divided into two classes;
1) Those who have effective spam-blocking
2) Those who wish they did