'Linux 101' training

Paul Mora paulmora-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 3 03:38:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 19:54, Terry Tanski wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions for formal 'Linux 101' training? I'm looking
> for a week or less course for no more than $1500 bucks. It would be nice
> if this training led up to an LPIC. Anyone had any experience with Polar
> Bear (http://www.polarbear.com)?

Hi Terry.

You may be interested in some of IBM's so-called "e-tutorial" courses.
They are the full classroom version, but done on the Internet.  The
courses are available 24 hours a day, so you can schedule when you want
to do the chapters.  For labs, you can schedule access to a "test"
machine via the Internet.  During daytime hours, you have access to
instructors via online chat, as well as email.

Here's the link for the Linux Basics course; there is also a course for
System Administration (LXA3CE), and TCP/IP Network Administration
(LXA7CE).

<http://www-306.ibm.com/services/learning/ites.wss?pageType=course_description&courseCode=LXA2CE&country=ca&language=en>

The course is also fairly reasonable in price: $875 Canadian.

pm

--
Paul Mora <paulmora-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>