CUPS Problem

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 30 01:39:40 UTC 2004

Anton Markov wrote:

>Have you configured you printer via the cups web interface?
>Go to <http://localhost:631>, click "Printers", "Add Printer" (at the
>bottom), and follow the instructions. Then try printing a Test Page.

I did use the web interface to configure my printer and everything is
fine (as far as I can tell).  I was even able to print the test page
then.  If a retry to print a test page, it stays in the queue like
everything else.  Of course, the printer is active (status: processing,
accepting jobs) and the jobs are all released.

>If you don't mind using KDE, KDE's KControl has an excellent printer
>configuration tool (Periherals->Printers).

No I am using Gnome 2.6.

Another information I forgot to provide you with: the fact that the
printer is on or off when the workstation is booting does not change
anything.  Also, both the CUPS server and client are on the workstation.

Gilles