Looking for Motorola 6809 emulator

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 29 02:39:27 UTC 2004

Kevin -

Ah, so you are in the elite group of MPP board owners ;). It's been a good
learning platform in EE for many years, but the time is coming when we
should update it. The built-in monitor is really useful, and a lot of
the modern parts don't come with a monitor.

I haven't forgotten about getting you one of the 6809 boards. The tech guys
are packing things up and they say that the boards are packaged and destined
for the new building, so I'll let you know when they surface.

I also saved one of the EE department D2 kits, which had been built into an
attache case. Hopefully some computer museum is interested in giving it a
home.

Cheers -
Peter

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 10:36:27AM -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> At 06:40 PM 06/20/2004, Peter Hiscocks wrote:
> >These are the ones that I believe were originally developed at U of T for
> >use in their classrooms. They are quite large, and I'll have to look for
> >documentation.
>
> The old Motorola development kits were also rather large. I modified my D2
> kit to use an '09 back in 1976 (or was it '78) so it says something about
> how long that processor has been around.
>
> >We're now using a 68HC11 board that Jim and I developed, called the MPP
> >Board. It's available as a kit and described on my company web page:
>
> Thought it might have been the 68HC11 board. A few years ago when I was
> doing some work for CTTS on the top floor of the T building I saw a note
> about that board on the door of your office. I built one and have it
> running but haven't done much with it yet other than giving you some
> corrections to the manual.
>

> Cheers!
>
> Kevin.  (http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/)
>
> Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172        |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
> E-mail:kcozens at interlog dot com|"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:
> Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"
> #include <disclaimer/favourite>   |              -Pinkutus & the Borg

Peter D. Hiscocks
Ryerson University,
350 Victoria Street,
Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3, Canada