Linux enabled Shuttle PC

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 28 17:25:03 UTC 2004

On July 28, 2004 12:17 pm, jim ruxton wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone has put Linux on a Shuttle PC. I'd  like
> to get one and was wondering if there are any gotchas. I'll probably get
> the Pentium version hopefully with an Nvidia chip. Can anyone recommend
> a store in TO where they speak Linux and sell Shuttles?

If it's just a cube you're after then you could also build your own.  Antec
for example makes a cube case that measures about 0.6 cu feet, it comes with
a 300W power supply (usually excellent power supplies coming from Antec) and
you add your own components (Micro-ATX mobo).

By building your own your less  likely to run into problems with
replacing/adding things down the road.

Greytech in Markham (http://www.greytech.com/) sells the Antec cubes as do
many others I'm sure.