Brother HL-6 Driver

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 28 03:14:28 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 09:38, Hooman Baradaran wrote:
> I have to disagree. I'm using a Brother HL-1435 (cheaper than the replacement
> drum unit, yet really cool). It works flawlessly and the Linux desktop/server
> now acts as the print server for Windows machines too.
> The only thing is that I had to choose HL-1270 instead of HL-1430 (no driver for
> HL-1435 itself).
> You must Google and see what model you should be using instead.
> I did a quick search and the HL-6 is in fact PostScript. You just need to enable
>  it. This small thread might help.
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=stud.805444522%40winternet.com&rnum=13&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dlinux%2Bbrother%2Bhl-6%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26start%3D10%26sa%3DN

Alas the HL-6 requires an add-on module to do PS.  It works just find in
LaserJet IIP emulation, just the margins are annoying.

In any case, I've managed to recover an HP LaserJet 4L, so if anyone's
interested in a working laser printer with toner, let me know.

Cheers,

Kareem

--
   kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -    Kareem Shehata     -     416-766-4911