rsyncing feeling

Scott Elcomb Scott.Elcomb-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 22 00:44:47 UTC 2004

[...]
> linux doesn't care what name you give yourself.  it only cares what number you
> are, so that's why these UID's are so important.  if you want to know what
> your UID is, just do this:
[...]
> in the case of this ugliness, you might have to look at NIS (look it up on the
> linux documentation project) or, probably easier, a simple script that
> updates all the file ownerships upon transfer.  something like this:
[...]

Maybe keep (and rsync for backup :-) a flatfile table of host:uid pairs
on the key?

I   would  say that I don't see it and a perl script being terribly
difficult to setup...  but saying things like that seems to get
Murphey's attention.

- Scott.

--
https://sourceforge.net/projects/avalonweb/