umount refusing to unmount /dev/cdrom

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 21 05:13:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:10, Tim Writer wrote:
> While I agree that lsof is a great tool, fuser is simpler for this particular
> job.  For example:
>
>     fuser -m /mnt/cdrom
>
> will list all PIDs using the filesystem mounted at /mnt/cdrom and
>
>     fuser -km /mnt/cdrom
>
> will kill them.

I'd somehow missed -m in the fuser manual.  I still like the information
output from lsof, but you're right fuser is simpler for just getting rid
of processes holding something you want to unmount.  Thanks for the tip!

Kareem

--
   kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -    Kareem Shehata     -     416-766-4911