Looking for IBM DB2 C API (headers, libraries, docs)

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 17 01:04:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Robert Brockway wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Peter L. Peres wrote:
>
>> Tell use when your bash can boot all by itself or compete with emacs ;-)
>
> linux init=/bin/bash ... raw power man ;)

Don't laugh. A few years ago I made one whose main application was built
into the kernel. So no init= ... it ran from floppy on i386 with 4MB ram.
Kernel was 1.2.13 series and I remember the zimage was only about 800k. It
did NOT mount the root fs and did not have a console (printk & co wrote to
a buffer). Hehe. Then I had to modify the boot sector so it could boot
from my strange hardware without using all those BIOS calls.

*but* to stay on topic I'd like to see a lilo script like:

 	image=/bin/bash

and

 	image=/usr/bin/emacs

;-)