Package name of c++ stl support on Debian ?

Peter L. Peres plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 16 03:34:06 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Fraser Campbell wrote:

> On July 15, 2004 10:31 pm, Peter L. Peres wrote:
>
>> Hi, I am new to Debian, and I'd like to know the name of the relevant
>> package (library and development). The search engine on debian.org was off
>
> But you still have the search engine on your machine ;-)
>
>  apt-cache search c++
>
> That give a lot, "apt-cache search gcc" gets a little closer to what you want.

*quite*. f.ex:

# apt-cache search g++|grep stl
castle-combat - game where the player builds one castle and destroys
others
castle-combat-data - data files for castle-combat
fastlink - [Biology] A faster version of pedigree programs of Linkage
fastlink-doc - [Biology] Some papers about fastlink
festlex-cmu - CMU dictionary for Festival
festlex-poslex - Part of speech lexicons and ngram from English
gmt-coast-low - Low resolution coastlines for the Generic Mapping Tools
ht - Viewer/editor/analyser (mostly) for executables
libstlport4.6 - STLport C++ class library
libstlport4.6-dev - STLport C++ class library
op-sh-hostlist - Hostlist tool for Opie
stl-manual - C++-STL documentation in HTML
vim-scripts - plugins for vim, adding bells and whistles
festlex-oald - Festival lexicon from Oxford Advanced Learners' Dictionary

But .. I just apt-get install libstlport4.6-dev, libstlport4.6 before and
it does not provide stl.h . Yes I ran updatedb. apt-file cannot find any
packages that provide stl.h . Who or what provides stl.h ?!

I found a package list on the web for a rpm of the same kind of package
and stl.h was not in it. Huh ? stl.h *must* exist.

Could someone locate stl.h on their systems and tell what deb it comes
from ? If not, is there a shortcut ?

Peter