Network Infrastructure w/Jabber

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 15 16:21:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Kareem Shehata wrote:

> I was afraid that would be the case.  I'd rather avoid doing anything to
> the web/email server, especially since I'm not sure if I compiled any
> netfiltering capabilities into the kernel.  Oh well.  I'll just have to
> live with msg.indigofire.net - at least until I become satisfied with
> its stability and the debian team puts the packages into stable.

Look at using ssh to do the port redirection.  I prefer to only use this
as a temporary solution (prefering netfilter for anything more permanent)
but there is nothing wrong with using it over the longer term.  Just
remember to start the ssh processes on boot :)

Cheers,
	Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, rbrockway-cFo9iiqjkw8eIZ0/mPfg9Q at public.gmane.org