DNS/Email transfer problem; sender's domain doesn't exist??

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 14 18:05:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Madison Kelly wrote:

>    My pDNS server ate it's own hard drives... 4 scsi drives in RAID 5
> with a hot spare and I lost two drives... bloody hell! I'm setting up a
> replacement box now and I'll see if that solves the problem.
>
>    Shouldn't the slave server though be enough to keep mail routing though?

If it was reachable.  Perhaps the secondary went offline at the same time
that the primary was having its episode.  The RFCs require at least 2 DNS
servers but suggest no more than 7.  I currently use 5 on my personal
domains.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org, rbrockway-cFo9iiqjkw8eIZ0/mPfg9Q at public.gmane.org