knoppix 3.4 hd install not printing

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 13 13:08:30 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 08:11:42PM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
> Yes -- that is what I have been using throughout. I should have
> indicated that.
>
> OK, I'll have a look. I may need to read a doc on installing/configuring
> cups in debian.

Make sure you have a new enough version of gs (gs-esp generally best)
and the gimp-print plugin that actually supports the C84, as it won't
work with any other model's driver.  The cups http interface should show
Epson C84 on USB when you select the printer port during the setup, and
then you should just be able to pick the C84 from the model list in
cups, assuming it actually is new enough to support the C84.

Of course also make sure the usb drivers are loaded (usb-uhci or
usb-ohci depending on the chipset (ehci for usb2.0)).

Lennart Sorensen