APIC on AMD Athlon 2500+ Broken?

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 10 01:42:57 UTC 2004

lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) writes:

> On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 02:48:26PM -0400, Tim Writer wrote:
> > > 3ware should to (like 90% of their cards are in linux systems they claim).
> >
> > I know others have had good success with IBM's ServeRaid but one of our
> > customers had a single failed disk take the entire array with it.  Twice!
>
> Well I haven't seen that, but I don't think SCSI garurentees that a dead
> disk won't block the bus.

It didn't just crash the system, it destroyed the contents of the RAID array
requiring the system to be reinstalled from backup!

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
905.771.0017 ext. 225                           thornhill, ontario, canada