audio CDs won't mount or play

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 8 04:04:17 UTC 2004

Taavi Burns wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 11:18:17AM -0400, Chris Aitken wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 09:48, Chris Aitken wrote:
>>

>>>System: FC2 on Compaq Deskpro EN (p733) 48X CD-ROM, backpack CD-RW, SBL!
>>>5.1, 20 GB hda, 10 GB hdb, USR V.92 56K external modem
>>>
>>>I can mount data CDs, but audio CDs won't mount or play:
>>>

>>The only sound I get is when I hit the 'Play test sound' button in
>>System Settings > Soundcard detection. Both the SBL! and Intel onboard
>>play the test sound -- interesting that the Intel onboard would play
>>since I disabled that card in the BIOS. I guess FC2 overrides the BIOS
>>(?!).
>>

>Perhaps it does!

A friend sent me Agnula (DeMuDi) Live -- that OS respected that I
disabled the Intel onboard soundcard in the BIOS. It only picked up the
SBL! card -- a few minutes after booting I was recording guitar and drum
machine tracks in audacity. How cool is that?
Now I have to figure out how to install it on the hard drive.

Chris

<snip>