audio CDs won't mount or play

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 7 15:28:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 11:18, Chris Aitken wrote:
> The only sound I get is when I hit the 'Play test sound' button in
> System Settings > Soundcard detection. Both the SBL! and Intel onboard
> play the test sound -- interesting that the Intel onboard would play
> since I disabled that card in the BIOS. I guess FC2 overrides the BIOS
> (?!).

I've often noticed that "disabling" things in the bios has little or not
effect, other than breaking windows.  I guess it's hard these days to
get a MoBo that doesn't have all kinds of crap built in, but if you
don't intend on using the "features", that's a better route.

Do an "lsmod" and look for what drivers are loaded.  If you see anything
along the lines of snd-intel8x0 or i810_audio, then yes the driver is
loaded.

Kareem

--
   kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -    Kareem Shehata     -     416-766-4911