Knoppix with java

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 5 22:41:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 16:31, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of a version of knoppix (or other live CD) that includes a
> full Java SDK?  Knoppix does include javac but it is a very incomplete java
> implementation (based on gcc version of java I believe).
>
> Sun's SDK would be preferred but if there are other complete java
> implementations that would be fine also.
>
> Any ideas?

I have a feeling the license on Sun's SDK might make it less likely
(though not impossible) to find it on a pre-built live CD.  That said,
I'd like to build my own version of knoppix that includes tetex, ispell,
and a number of other goodies.  I'm thinking I might try something along
the lines of what's in the following howto to roll my own:

<http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto>

I'll let you know if I have any success.

Kareem

--
   kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org   -    Kareem Shehata     -     416-766-4911