php, MySQL and Debian

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 5 04:38:08 UTC 2004

I'm at my wit's end with this problem.  What I want, is for php4 and
MySQL and apache 1.3 to interact.  What I've got is this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in ...

I know that this is probably because php4 was installed before
php4-mysql, but I can't seem to fix it.  If I try to remove php4 and
php4-mysql and install them in a different order, apt tries to give me
apache2, which I don't want.  There *must* be a way to alter a
configuration file to get php to acknowledge mysql, but I can't see
what's missing.  php.ini looks completely in order.

Any suggestions?
--

yours,

William