convert unix->outlook email format

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 3 20:02:24 UTC 2004

On July 2, 2004 03:38 am, Peter L. Peres wrote:

> I seek $SUBJ scripts or equivalent. I know it's in the wrong direction ;-)

The simplest method that comes to mind is to setup an imap server for reading
your mailboxes, setup outlook to read from the imap server, drag the mail
into your Outlook folders.

If you're trying to convert multiple mailboxes for multiple users this
obviously would get too time consuming ...

> Also, is it possible to run squirrelmail on a unix mailbox file (very
> large) and present the result as html ?

I'm not sure that squirrelmail supports mbox files directly but again you
could setup an imap server and configure squirrelmail to use that imap
server.

> What would the best tool be for this (convert a large file of unix mail to
> html or similar).

Yuck, how do you convert mail to html, wrap <pre> tags around the body?

You could use formail to split up the large mailbox into individual emails
then feed that to a shell script to do the formatting.