Home Servers

Gary Walsh gwalsh-ymgm7FNFGXDR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 3 19:31:56 UTC 2004

William O'Higgins wrote:
> I am looking into serving web and mail from home, but I'd prefer not to
> use a high power-draw machine like a typical desktop.  Are there
> inexpensive server appliances that are worth recommending that draw less
> than 300W?  I recall the Cobalt Qube servers which seemed to do very
> nicely, but since Sun ate Cobalt they don't seem to make the entry-level
> non-rack server products any more.

You might want to check out the Net-Box Linux based appliance servers
from http://axentra.com.  I have been using their email and web space
service which has the same web based interface as their servers. (You
can try it out for free at http://www.axentra.net.)  Axentra is based in
Gatineau, Quebec.

--
Gary Walsh		Kitchener, Ontario, Canada