TV Tuner and application

Garth Meisel Garth-xsdjDKdUMl2akBO8gow8eQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 31 19:01:04 UTC 2004

< I'm goin for a cigarette.
Me too.

--- It really couldn't be any simpler well unless you were to have installed
SuSE (plug plug plug hehehehe).
You'll need to have a GREAT desktop enviornment installed so pick either KDE
or Gnome, or both for that matter.  Nothing wrong with that.  (I prefer KDE
by a mile but most RH'ers still prefer Gnome)  It's just a desktop and both
are excellent.  Both run each others programs anyway.  That takes care of all
your X stuff needed.

All you have to do is choose some of the programs you want to use, test with
until you find your favorites, use RH's software installer whatever it's
called, and all the software's needed libs and dependencies will be checked
off and added automatically too.  I don't know if there is a little box to
check so dependencies are checked automatically or manually.  The system will
warn you if you try to install something that has other dependencies.  If you
make major changes to the X windowing system you should log out as that user
and then log back in so the X server is restarted.  You don't have to reboot
though.
Personally haven't used RH since 7.3 Pro came out and even that was for
experimental purposes only.  Nothing to it though, everything is automatic.
My penguin wears a green hat : )

Oh, and the 3D wasn't necessary to watch video's on my systems.  I don't
honestly know it's needed for TV but I highly doubt it.

Which input are you using on the video card to generate your TV or video and
is it coming from a TV, VCR, DVD, another video card, what have you?