[NTL] [fwd] How NOT to build an open source site...

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 29 17:57:32 UTC 2004

On Thursday 29 January 2004 12:25, Thamer Al-Harbash wrote:

> This is partly because tables are being deprecated with the newer
> HTML standards and CSS that does 2 and 3 columns and work
> everywhere is available in the public domain (or is released
> under very Free terms):

Absolutely agree, tables are for tabular data, css is for layout.  css makes
things much more compact and maintainable as well as adding some features
that are possible with plain old html.

My point (not much of one) was that I haven't seen real innovation in web
design since the late 90s, most web design is simply a cut and paste
exercise.  Perhaps I haven't been exposed to real web designers or perhaps
I'm going to the wrong sites.

Looks suspiciously like my own website http://www.wehave.net/

> You seem a bit bitter about this though.

Not especially, I feel bitter about a lot of things ;-)

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada                         Debian GNU/Linux