DNS, redux

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 26 23:41:24 UTC 2004

Hi all,

   I thought that my zones where not propegating because of stale data
in the earlier zone files that had a long TTL but they should have
expired by now and the zones are not propegating. If I set my DNS
server's as my home machine's DNS servers (outside of the server's
subnet) then name lookup succeeds fine. If I try looking up the zones
though on a machine pointing to some other NS then the lookup fails.

   Can anyone suggest reasons where seemingly good zones files would
fail to propegate? As always, everyones help is hugely appreciated!

Madison