Microsoft -- Get the facts on Windows and Linux

Marcel (Free Thinker at Large) Gagne mggagne-oUREY1nl/XXQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 25 20:26:05 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

Ah, it seems I can't pass this one up without saying something.

On January 24, 2004 01:38 pm, Rick Tomaschuk wrote:
> Microsoft is pushing cost advantages of Windows over Linux.
> I guess when you have a monopoly the costs can be cheaper for
> some...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/facts/analyses.asp

As a great followup to this, I really enjoyed Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols'
column for Eweek titled "Get the FUD".   It takes each of the points and
stories on the Microsoft "Get the Facts" page and disects them one by one.

If you are going to spend the cycles checking out the Microsoft anti-Linux
site, take a few minutes to read Steven's column.

Take care out there.

--
Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné
Note:  This massagee wos nat speel or gramer-checkered.
Author : "Moving to Linux: Kiss the Blue Screen of Death Goodbye!"
   Also by Marcel : Linux System Administration, A User's Guide
Join the WFTL-LUG : http://www.salmar.com/marcel/wftllugform.html