Delete CUPS print job. Was:turning off printing or parallel port

Chris Aitken aitken-BwLjziHGQLusTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 25 15:42:27 UTC 2004

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

[..]

> Try: modprobe -r lp after you stop cups.  Stopping cups won't make the
> module unload, so you have to do that yourself.

Great - it worked.

[root-5jgDBJOV2nY at public.gmane.org lsf]# /sbin/modprobe -r lp

Then,

/sbin/service cups stop

Then I printed from the W98 vm. Then all I had to do was

/sbin/service cups start and my CUPS print jobs picked up wher they left off
(nothing like /sbin/modprobe -load lp was necessary - I guess /sbin/service
cups start loads the module if necessary.

Now I have a long CUPS print job in the queue which I would liek to delete.

I tried the following:

[lsf-5jgDBJOV2nY at public.gmane.org lsf]$ lpq -P hp
hp is ready and printing
Rank    Owner   Job     File(s)                         Total Size
active  lsf     9       (stdin)                         22528 bytes
[lsf-5jgDBJOV2nY at public.gmane.org lsf]$ lprm 9
[lsf-5jgDBJOV2nY at public.gmane.org lsf]$ lpq -P hp
hp is ready
no entries
[lsf-5jgDBJOV2nY at public.gmane.org lsf]$

So, it's reporting the job is gone, but it's still printing. Is this a case
where powering the inkjet printer off to clear its own cache (if it has one)
would be necessary?

Chris