Inter-office email

Wil McGilvery wmcgilvery-6d3DWWOeJtE at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 23 03:41:08 UTC 2004

If you want to share common folders and files than Samba can do that for you. You don't need Exchange to do that.

You may also want to look at some Document management solutions if you want to centralize directories and files under a project heading.

It is quite possible to provide an IMAP server setup with LDAP for a central address book for the rest of your needs. Using an IMAP server will avoid the need for any proprietary connector and will also mean any email client you choose can connect. There are many web mail clients to choose from.

I am also currently using PHPcollab. It is very simplistic, but it serves my purpose for now.

Is there any other Exchange feature that needs addressing or have I missed something?

Regards,

Wil McGilvery
Manager
Lynch Digital Media Inc