CD burner for backups?

Taavi Burns taavi-LbuTpDkqzNzXI80/IeQp7B2eb7JE58TQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 21 21:50:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 04:03:57PM -0500, Phillip Mills wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 21, 2004, at 01:57 PM, Taavi Burns wrote:
> >Or you could just buy
> >yourself a new burner.  They're dirt cheap.
>
> That's actually what I meant when I said, "replaced".  :-)
>
> I guess the question is about Linux compatibility (kernel, drivers?)
> for a CD burner connected via USB.

Dunno!  I'd like to, though, as I'd expect a similar level of
support between USB and Firewire, and I'm looking at getting a
DVD burner in a firewire enclosure soon.  I know that it'll
Just Work on my powerbook, but I've yet to find anything definite
on the linux side (just hedgy maybes on old mailing list archives).

--
taa

   Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
      - Robert A. Heinlein
/*eof*/