how to increase existing partition ?

Paul Mora paulmora-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 20 00:43:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 11:34, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 10:31:11PM -0500, Tim Writer wrote:
> > Yeah, I know.  IIRC, reiser has this capability too.
>
> Yeah, but up only, and I wouldn't trust my files to reiserfs 3.x.

Reiserfs has the ability to size both up and down, and can be done while
the filesystem is mounted.  This gives it an advantage over EXT3, where
you have to unmount the fs before resizing it.

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you trust your files to reiserfs
3.x?  I've been running it on many systems in many different
configurations, with no difficulties.  Have you come across stability
issues?

pm

--
Paul Mora <paulmora-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>