NTP with Windows Clients

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 19 22:13:34 UTC 2004

I've configured my Debian/GNU box to use NTP with the configuration
below.  It works well from other Linux boxen, but I can't seem to get
any Windows machines to sync to it, whether by the built-in client or
third-party tools.  Is there any trick to making it SNTP compatible?

Thanks,

Kareeem

# /etc/ntp.conf, configuration for ntpd

# ntpd will use syslog() if logfile is not defined
logfile /var/log/ntpd

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/

statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable

# Set Access Restrictions
restrict default notruct nomodify noquery
restrict localhost
restrict 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 ntpport
restrict 192.168.11.1 notrust

### lines starting 'server' are auto generated,
### use dpkg-reconfigure to modify those lines.

server tick.utoronto.ca
server tock.utoronto.ca
server chime.utoronto.ca
server time.chu.nrc.ca