port forwarding and ssh

Mel Seder melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 19 00:18:19 UTC 2004

my netgear port forwarding screen

shows services as "192.168.0" and nothing for the fourth digit(s).
I tried to change the services to read "192.168.0.1" to but when I do I
says invalid service.

I can ssh into my linux box downstairs with no problem.

under the column name Service name 20-22 is shown and to the right is
shown the Server IP address of 192.168.0.1

I tried to change the services to read "192.168.0.1" to but when I do i
says invalid service.

IP chicken tells me my IP address and when I ssh to what ipchicken.com
says I get the message from ssh saying "connection refused".

I'm guessing that maybe SERVICES should be set to ipchicken is instead
of a local lan address.  Is that a bad guess?

Any clues or likely problems things to look for?

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)