encrypting

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 17 17:38:10 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:34:59PM -0500, Michael Murray wrote:
> Seems to me that this is something that could be scripted somewhat easily
> using either a somewhat sophisticated bash script, or something in python or
> perl.
>
> It's trivial (though time consuming) to do manually, and I'm always one to
> spend the time up-front automating something like this, if it's to be done
> often.

Writing a script that only has to ask for gpg passphrases does make
sense.

> As someone else suggested, gpg would be good for this.

Except you can't automate it then.  You have to type in the passphrase
to do the encryption/decryption.  You can automate the rest of course.

> http://wipe.sourceforge.net/

Doubtful to be reliable on a journaled filesystem.

[snip rest which makes good sense]

Lennart Sorensen