slow access using emacs remotely

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 16 17:17:19 UTC 2004

Alex Maynard <amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org> writes:
> Thanks very much. I'll give that a try too.  Does it permanently unset the
> display or just for that session/log-in?

It just unsets it for the shell that is running and any processes that are
spawned.  You could also unset it in a subshell to make it even more
temporary.  Something like:

        (unset DISPLAY;emacs ...)

The 'emacs -nw' suggestion is way better.  I missed that looking in the man
page.  I was looking for -nox because there used to be a noxemacs command
which seems to have disappeared over the years.

HTH,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                            starnix inc.
phone: 905-771-0017 x242                        thornhill, ontario, canada