Web based databasing

Phillip Mills pmills-5bG9SNWDbRX3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 15 13:41:34 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, January 14, 2004, at 10:40 PM, Garth Meisel wrote:

> I'd like to store text only.  Record lengths would need to be 200
> characters
> spaces included.  About 4 cells per record.  The other 3 cells need
> only be
> 30 characters in size.  The search will search for matching text.  A
> very
> very very mini Google if you will.

This is probably a bit more than you need, but the FAQ might be worth
your time even just as a review of features and technology.
http://lucene.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/faq/faqmanager.cgi

It's a library, so you have to devise a front end for building the
data, but you'd have to do that with a database anyway.

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714