FW: Official Notice for all E-Bay users

Fraser Campbell fraser-Txk5XLRqZ6CsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 14 19:04:22 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 12:59, Jason Slaughter wrote:

> > I'm not sure that anyone on TLUG needs to see your spam.  Discussions
> > about why certain messages have garbage in them is probably interesting,
> > but if everyone posts his or her spam, we just have that much more to
> > delete.
>
> Agreed, especially since it's a bitch with my Bayesian filter -- should I
> mark it as spam, and by doing so, put keywords like "tlug" in my spam
> dictionary, or mark it as non-spam and risk reducing the effectiveness of
> the spammy words in the message? Neither is optimal, so I'm deleting them
> to avoid either problem, but it's still a pain.

I mark anything off topic that is sent to a mailing list as spam.
subscribe/unsubscribe messages, jesus save me messages, this message that I'm
typing right now ;-)

I don't rely on bogofilter very heavily though, I first filter pure html email
to an HTML folder ... html (in my case) is 99% spam and 90% (or more) of my
spam.

Georgetown, Ontario, Canada                         Debian GNU/Linux