up2date using Fedora Core 1

Mel Seder melseder-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 13 17:50:49 UTC 2004

--- Mel Seder <memelsederahoo.com> wrote:
> Does the up2date / red exclamation point that is on the bottom right
> of
> the screen supposed to work in Fedora somehow or must I use "yum
> update" instead?

Yes, yum does work I'veveeen using it for a few weeks now.  I liked
clicking the red "!" in the system tray to get the process in motion.
Maybe these issues will be addressed  in the next "Fedora core".  I
also have enabled "Nightly yum updates" with the following clicks, Red
Hat Icon | server settings | services |yum.

I'veveeen running yum live @ the keyboard before I go to bed so I don't
know if the yum service indeed updates my system automatically.

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)